- BOTOX INJECTION - INFORMED CONSENT
- FILLER INJECTION (RADIESSE, RESTAYLYN, JUVEDERM, OTHERS) - INFORMED CONSENT
- FRACTIONAL LASER/LUX 1540 (NON-ABLATIVE LASER TREATMENT) - INFORMED CONSENT
- OMNILUX LIGHT THERAPY - INFORMED CONSENT
- THERMAGE - INFORMED CONSENT
- WHITENING INJECTIONS - INFORMED CONSENT
- INFORMED CONSENT (CHINESE)
- HAIR LASER - INFORMED CONSENT
- LUX V ACNE TREATMENT - INFORMED CONSENT
- NUMBING CREAM - INFORMED CONSENT
- IPL/PHOTOFACIAL - INFORMED CONSENT
- VELA SHAPE - INFORMED CONSENT
What is Thermage and do you offer it?
Thermage is a non-invasive treatment that stimulates collagen production to rejuvenate, smooth, and tighten the skin. BizMed Spa does offer Thermage as well as other non-invasive facial rejuvenating therapies including the LUX 1540 Fractional Laser and Omnilux™ lights..
In what areas can I get BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is best used in the upper face, primarily between the eyebrows for “11” lines, on the outsides of the eyes for crow’s feet, and in the forehead for horizontal wrinkles. It can occasionally be used for areas in the lower face, but fillers such as JUVÉDERM® and RADIESSE® are preferable for those treatments.
Will BOTOX® Cosmetic “freeze” my face?
BOTOX® Cosmetic paralyses minor hyperactive muscles such as those between the eyebrows and next to the eyes so the movement and resulting wrinkles are temporarily reduced. You will still be able to frown, raise your eyebrows, look surprised, and make other facial expressions without seeing the wrinkles between your brows.
How do I get rid of spots or acne scars on my face?
Depending on the amount, type, and severity of facial discolorations or scars, it may not be possible to completely remove them. BizMed Spa offers several treatments proven to remove some skin imperfections including acne scars, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and stretch marks. The LUX 1540 Fractional Laser can reduce the appearance of these types of marks by resurfacing the top layer of skin, and Omnilux revive™and plus™ lights can help repair and regenerate tissue to partially eliminate surface skin damage.
Can I use LATISSE® if I wear contact lenses?
LATISSE® is completely safe for contact lens wearers. Lenses should be removed when applying LATISSE®, and can be reinserted approximately 15 minutes after application.
What happens if I forget to apply LATISSE® for one or two nights?
If you miss an application of LATISSE® simply start again when you remember. Do not try to “catch up” on missed doses or apply multiple doses at one time.
Can I get my teeth whitened if I have veneers, bonding, or caps?
All cosmetic teeth whitening treatments are only effective on natural teeth. BEYOND™ WhiteSpa will not damage any existing dental work, but it will not lighten the appearance of synthetic materials.
I want to get rid of my wrinkles, but how do I decide which treatment to get?
You will meet with a BizMed Spa clinician to discuss the therapy options we offer and which will be best for the areas you want treated. The clinician will examine your skin and make a recommendation based on the condition, type, and severity of the issues you would like to repair.
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
All medical treatments and procedures carry some risk of side effects. Always contact your clinician or doctor if you experience any usual symptoms.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: dry mouth, discomfort or pain at the injection site, fatigue, headache, neck pain, double or blurred vision, decreased eyesight, drooping or swelling of eyelids, dry eyes, and allergic reactions.
- JUVÉDERM® and RADIESSE®: redness, pain or tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps or bumps, bruising, itching, discoloration, or infection at the injection site.
- LATISSE®: itching, eye redness, skin darkening, eye irritation, eye dryness, redness of eyelids.
- BEYOND™ WhiteSpa: temporary teeth sensitivity
- Omnilux™: no reported side effects
- LUX V and LUX 1540: redness, swelling, blisters, burning, skin sensitivity. Sunscreen of minimum SPF 30 should always be used after laser treatments.